Father Collins Park is named after Fr. Joseph Collins (1924-1979) the first parish Priest of the Holy Trinity Parish, Donaghmede, who worked tirelessly for the community of the parish.
The 52 acre Park, opened in May 2009 by the Lord Mayor of Dublin Eibhlin Byrne, is the end result of an international competition held by Dublin City Council in 2003. Environmantal sustainability was the key aspect of the winning entry by Abelleyro + Romero Architects, Argentina. The construction works commenced in Autumn 2007 and were completed in Spring 2009. Delivery of the park was undertaken by the partnership Ar.Arq.Ireland/MCO Projects and the Parks & Landscape Service Division.
Omos provided furniture across the entire park including products from our standard range as well as bespoke products including cast concrete chess/draughts tables.