Projects

Merrion Square

Merrion Square was originally a private square for the sole use of local residents. It was purchased by the Catholic church in 1930 with the intention of building a cathedral on site. This never materialized and Dublin Corporation took over ownership of the park in 1974. DCC undertook a broad scale renovation of Merrion Square Park. These works were guided by the Conservation & Management Plan which was completed in 2014.

Landscape Architect

Dublin City Council Parks and Landscape Section

Year

2016

Merrion Square
Bespoke iroko timber laths with cast iron frame and armrests.
Merrion Square
Iroko hardwood benches with cut stone ends.
Merrion Square
Bespoke stainless steel signage.

The renovation of ‘Jardin Anglaise’ required a high quality emphasis on materials and craftmanship. Omos worked closely with the landscape architects within DCC Parks and Landscape Services to design and develop new elements in the park. A key aspect of the designs were ensuring Georgian roots were maintained while embracing its place in 21st century Dublin.

Merrion Square
Bespoke timber and cast iron seating.
Merrion Square
Bench with cut stone ends with iroko hardwood laths.
Merrion Square
Bespoke signage.
Copyright 2024 Omos. All rights reserved.
Design & Build by Unthink